Search an Oddity:

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The True Pal




There always is that one person with whom you can share everything that comes to your mind. He/she may not necessarily be akin to you, or even have a similar personality.

 A wise man had once said, "Opposites attract." I wonder whether he was speaking of charges exclusively. The more different a person is from you, the more interested you are in him/her; as there is this wondrous curiosity attached to the contrast to your persona.

 Let's take a situation: Two guys meet each other. They find that they have similar traits and behavioural patterns, and, like and dislike the same things. The initial bonding is supreme, but after a couple of months, it gets more boring than the the college classroom controlled by an "awesome" teacher. This is because everything becomes predictable and thus you know what is going to turn up and out of that particular mouth. In contrast, if two different people meet up, they have more to share and the friendship lasts more than just a couple of months.

 Everyone should have a best friend (that's what they call it these days,don't they?); to listen to your stupid, meaningless observances, to give you company in pulling people's legs, to make up jokes and pranks with, to take care of you when your body wants to boil off and evaporate at 104.4 degrees Fahrenheit and to share your own version of "cosmic quirks" with!

So go ahead, swim around a little, open up and let the universe point your future true-friend to you.

Here's a piece I wrote, inspired by a true friend of mine:


Walking down the dusty roads,
I am clouded with tanned thoughts;
around me are materialistic hoards, so much so,
that adults house less humanity than tots.

I go up to the lonely terrace,
to contemplate my way in the maze;
I am surprised by the number of ravens,
each wearing their characteristic ravenous gaze.

I feel the world closing in,
I feel my throat closing up.
You come up and say,
"Hi! What's going on? What's up?"

Amazing!The ravens are gone!
The sun is up and bright!
My mind clears up and a smile appears,
"Nothing,bud! Today's such a lovely sight!"

I lie through my teeth. You go away.
This time, I see more of ravenkind.
The sky turns pitch black;
and so does my body, soul and mind.

"Hey! Hey buddy! You fainted!
What's going on in your head-lair?"
"I don't know. Something dark, I guess."
"Oh, okay! Want to share?"

Now,the only waiting raven
magically transforms into a dove;
and as I start to divulge,
the world seems so full of sugary love.

Finally, I saw the white wanderer
soar high up and cross every fence;
gliding through the clear air
and disappearing in the distance.

That about sums up all I had to say today.

7 comments: