Search an Oddity:

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Traffic in Chennai (or The Killer Brigade)



Hmm... I'm sure the Chennaites who read this won't agree (word used in the sweetest sense possible) with me; but the traffic in this city makes me want to get hit by traffic in Kolkata, which would be a lot less painful.

Every vehicle with at least one wheel attached to it is a danger to lives. It may bring down the population growth but seeing people get involved in accidents is not exactly a pretty sight. From the bicycle to the truck, if you see one coming, start looking for cover like when you would if you were in a battlefield.

The other day, I was walking on the side of the road (interior roads don't have footpaths or are already occupied by shops and shacks). I saw a guy on a bicycle coming my way, but the inward instinct in me told me it was safe. A word of caution, don't trust your instinct too much in a new place. As I was saying, this guy got closer and closer. I don't know what got into him, but he increased his speed for a bit and almost rammed into me, trying to wipe out the main proof of my manhood. Needless to say, I got a whiff of whiskey from his mouth.

The prime reason the traffic is so rash is, according to me, an evil corporation trying to wipe out humanity, one city at a time. They disable the brakes in every vehicle leading to all the massacre you see around you. Otherwise, why wouldn't the people driving vehicles use the brakes, once in a while, at least? Any other explanation is welcome, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment