Search an Oddity:

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Third Realm

All of us have been at crossroads at some point of time. You should know by now, not to take my words literally ( Doing that=BIG mistake ).


I'm in a bit ( a bit? Make that a lot. ) of a philosophical mood right now and thought of sharing it with you guys. Bear with me and you'll be bored just that teeny-tiny bit. Back there, by crossroads, I mean what you think and what the other person has to say, what matters, and how you would end up if you selected one particular way. All this induces a big question mark over our decisions, which refuses to resolve into an exclamation mark!

Now let me explain how I see it and maybe that would help some random soul.

Realm, technically, means a kingdom or a domain; but I'm going to use poetic license. In a fantasy world, let's say, you rule a kingdom. Consider that as your opinions and thoughts. Also, let's say your friend rules the neighbouring kingdom. Let that roughly equate to his/her opinions and thoughts. Now, since it is MY fantasy world, I will change the conditions according to my will! Let's say, all the crops in your and your friend's kingdom are destroyed.

You implement a set of ideas to set the situation right. It doesn't work. Your friend implements his set of ideas. That doesn't work either. Meanwhile, your food reserves are gradually reducing. You two get together one day to discuss the situation, over a few rum & cokes ( I told you, it's my fantasy world! ). The drinks don't do any good either and the situation remains the same. Now, this world too has a supreme being looking over it. He sees your hardships and does something to set everything right. Then you all live happily ever after. Granted, this is the worst tale EVER, but the idea behind it is what I was stressing on.

This supreme being is the third realm I was talking about. When you're at one of the symbolic crossroads, and can't find a way, throw out your opinion set and your friend's. Float out ( again, not literally! ) of your realm or kingdom and go over to the third one, where you view the world from above. Many solutions should open up before you. More often than not, this helps in solving some problems. Try it out, and God help you if you do that literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment