Search an Oddity:

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Keep it simple, stupid!


Simplicity. This word has mysteriously disappeared from many of our day-to-day dictionaries. 


Why do we have the urge to make everything so freaking complex? Why do we have to over-think? Why do we need to feel something which does not come naturally; but force our minds and hearts to wrap themselves around a rotten-apple idea? Do we hate keeping things lucid and simple?


This, by the way, is for human beings going through the same old drudgery, like everyone else.


As always, we are going to take up a few samples, now aren't we? It has been such a long time since a proper rant! See? When I want to rant, I'll say it, and do it to your face. Take lessons, please, but be reasonable first!


Okay, I got drifted off as it feels so good to be back! Let us take up a few "case" studies, now.


Lets say you are an individual in a group of people, socially. The immediate opinions and views of these people don't matter to you. Neither are they going to help you get through your less-than-fortunate days, nor do they care enough to. You won't be relying on them for any kind of work and you know that. I like to call these people 'close acquaintances' (My blog, my terms. Problem, grammar checkers?). And lets implement the premise that you are reasonable. Then, I think you will keep your relations to a courteous hello or a once-in-a-while hangout. That is all. When you know you don't want to be around them to keep yourself happy, why try? In the process of becoming too close (not friction-burn close, just enough), you run the risk of disappointing them, or worse, yourself, through mere misunderstandings. And yes, I was hinting, people, take notes. 


Now "case" II. You are a guy who over-thinks. You believe you think two steps ahead, but in that process of over-burning of that piece of wood in your head, you miss key circumstances and outcomes. Lets say, someone (possibly your ex-crush) comes up to you and states that you are irritating. Uncomfortable as you are, you withdraw, start thinking to yourself and take it personally. "She has a grudge against me." And you don't stop there, you go on to develop your own fake-grudge to mirror the one she apparently (to you, not to others) has. That fake-grudge comes off as a bit too weird for the people around you. Spoonfuls of an ego, a dash of over-thinking and a whole lot of complexity don't a healthy meal make!


And now, the final "case". Pencils to pads, people. If I was to ask you what you want to be in life, there would be a lot of colourful responses. The one that would bring a smile to my face would be "happy". The reasons for happiness may be different, but the desire is the same. Every one in this universe is striving for their happiness, and in that process, finding ways to be happy with their current situation. (Here it comes!) You want happiness, you go and get it, right? WRONG! This particular version of yours is so fed up with life that even on your birthday, you are depressed. Why? It seems that people are blaming you for their shit. "Is it so?" Well, that's true for everyone in this realm. Every one around you has a lot of shit to deal with. They are trying to be happy in spite of all that. Why can't you? "You are as unique as the next person" applies so well here. You are sad? Awww....... Simple, let it go and be happy. Wake up and smell the rain!


As for me, I do try to keep myself sane and not grow my thinking exponentially for things I don't have to. I maintain a distant but cordial relationship with many individuals; I try to correct myself (if something needs correcting) when pointed out by someone else; and I try to be happy with my food, my camera and my precious little blog! So, learn for yourself and keep it simple, stupid!

1 comment:

  1. I knew You will come up with something nice !!! From now onwards will Learn to be Simple And Stupid :D

    ReplyDelete