Search an Oddity:

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Aquiline


Many of you may be wondering about the title. Aquiline, according to the all-knowing-book ( also known as the dictionary ), is defined as: of, relating to, or having the characteristics of an eagle.

I don't know why this particular topic came into my head, but since it has arrived, I can't let it go, can I? Aren't we all fascinated by that solitary spot in the sky, gliding through the air and almost slicing the atmosphere into countless layers?


Well, I am. And, with it, the raw power that it represents. You don't want to be the thing that is going to be swooped down on and carried away in a split second by the machine-like claws, believe me. You'd rather get hit by a car and get it over with.


Also, I'm amazed by the precision this bird has. It'll pin point a location and reach within centimeters of the required location in a flash. It seems like it has a GPS tracking service installed in itself.


The characteristic that I'm most impressed by is the way it keeps to the highest of the skies and keeps on gliding for huge distances without stopping; as if it has been sent here to keep a watch over all of us. The lonely paratrooper who observes everything going on down there, all the while doing a pretty fine job of appearing the handsome bird it is.


I salute the solitary supervisor; do you?

2 comments:

  1. u definitely hav an "eagle-eye" 4 things...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An eagle once carried of my lunch.. :(
    So, while agreeing to the obvious power, sight, and sharp claws... I am not overly fond of them...

    ReplyDelete